interior inspirations // loft living






This weekend we will be moving into our new loft! I have been dreaming up ideas and inspiration for designing our new space ever since we took our first tour. Loft living in the city has always been a dream of mine and I can’t wait to see how our new space comes together.  Here are a few interior inspirations and goals for our new space :: 

1 // Add greenery. Because we’re downtown there really aren't any trees outside of our windows (with the exception of a few small street trees). Plants are essential to brightening and refreshing a space. I’m thinking a fiddle leaf fig, snake plant, or maybe a few ferns or succulents. 

2 // Mix and match. I've always been a fan of the mix and match look anyways but especially in a space that has so much history and character. Max and I have lots of different pieces with varied styles which will give our space the collected look we’re going for that represents us both.

3 // Soften + layer . With high ceilings, exposed duct work, aged hardwoods, exposed brick, and industrial windows our loft is a beautiful blank canvas. A few soft rugs, pops of color, and layered textiles will help soften up and add warmth while still embracing the industrial look. 

4 // Bounce the light. We have three great big windows in the living area overlooking downtown but the bedrooms are on the interior of the building so are a little cave-like. At first I wasn't so sure about this but I have a feeling it will end up being one of our favorite things about our new place. With some strategic mirror placement, I can bounce the natural light to fill the space more evenly. 

5 // Add life. As beautiful and organized as I intend for our space to be, what’s most important is that it is livable and comfortable. Realistically, there will be messes, there will be bikes in our living room, shoes to trip over, and dishes in the sink, but there will also be laughter, love, and friends and family in and out to visit. For me and Max, it’s more than just a loft, it’s our first home together and I have no doubt that it will be lovely.

images 1 | 2 | 3 | 45 | 6 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be amazing Lauren! You are so talented and you two are so in love and have such fun together. I can't wait to share this space every now and then on the weekends! Best wishes for this loft to be everything you dream of!!! I will miss you in my ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that comment was from your dear ole mom... not sure why it published from you.. OOPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the way you write kiddo. I can't wait to visit your special place! Have fun and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

Hello!
Something Lovely is a a design + lifestyle blog celebrating all of the lovely things in life. Welcome, I'm glad you're here!

Search

Blog Archive

Pinterest

©2015 Something Lovely Blog // Lauren Shaw. Powered by Blogger.
© Something Lovely 2019. All rights reserved. Please do not take images or content from this blog without permission.